Make four smart moves before making the smartest one of all: scheduling an AC tuneup with Charlie’s
We’ve talked about the benefits of regular air conditioner maintenance so many times that of course you’re planning to schedule your annual AC tuneup. It’s right there, on your to-do list.
You might be wondering what minor AC spot checks and maintenance you can perform before Charlie’s arrives on the scene.
You can make four smart moves right now before your AC tuneup:
- Slide out the filter and replace it if it’s clogged with dust and dirt. Next to a Charlie’s AC tuneup, being vigilant about a clean filter is the single most important step you can take to keep your air conditioner functioning cleanly and efficiently. Charlie’s door-to-door filter delivery service will ensure you stay on top of this vital maintenance task.
- Test your thermostat. Turn it up, turn it down and make sure it responds to your commands. If you have an older thermostat, consider having Charlie’s offer you an upgrade to a programmable thermostat. It will be more precise and, like its name implies, allow you to program your air conditioner ahead of time so you can realize energy savings.
- Check your ducts. Look for disconnects, cracks, holes and drooping mastic tape, all of which will diminish the flow of cool air through your home. Charlie’s can make any repairs to seal your ducts properly.
- Turn off the power to your air conditioner before going outdoors to check the condenser for a three-step check. Make sure there is a 2-foot “clear zone” all around the unit so air can flow freely around it. Trim plants, shrubs and tree branches – and keep an eye on the unit over the summer as the foliage grows. Then open the unit and check the fan for any signs of damage and the blades for any cracks or chips.
While these maintenance checks are important, be sure to treat them as an adjunct – not a substitute for – an air conditioner tuneup from Charlie’s. This is when we roll up our sleeves and:
- Check the thermostat settings and controls.
- Tighten the electrical connections and test the voltage and current on the motors.
- Lubricate all the moving parts to reduce friction.
- Inspect the condensate drain.
- Add more refrigerant, if necessary, and check for leaks.
Yes, Charlie’s knows you’re on top of it, alright. It’s only a matter of time before we hear from you to schedule your AC tuneup. In fact, we hear the phone ringing right now.