There’s usually at least one in every family: one guest who complains that he or she is not at a comfortable temperature in your home – maybe while adding to the drama by wiping imaginary sweat from his brow or blowing fictitious frost from his mouth.
Yes, the holidays are all about family time. But before you decide to dodge the issue entirely by booking your next family gathering at a local restaurant, try to view the time before the holidays as a window of opportunity – a way to make your home more comfortable for your guests, no matter what their internal body temperature might be.
Charlie’s Tropic Heating & Air Conditioning can help you:
• Seal cracks and holes around doors windows, where most homes lose energy. Isolating major problem spots is simple if you run a long-stemmed lighter around your windows on a breezy day and ID the spot with a sticky note until you can apply caulk or install weatherstripping.
• Your home might be leaking air in other prime locations, too, so try to hunt them down before that pesky relative taps you on the shoulder in the middle of dinner to say that he feels a draft on his back. Leaks are common around:
- Cable TV and phone lines
- Electrical outlets
- Fireplace damper
- Recessed lighting
- Soffits over cabinets
- Switch plates
- Vents and fans (including your dryer vent)
- Wall- or window-mounted air conditioners
• Seal improperly fitted wall plugs and switches with foam covers. These ingenious little pieces can block leaks that usher outdoor air into a home.
• Check your ducts for cracks, holes, disconnects and places where mastic tape might be sagging or drooping. This can be a tricky, complicated job, but Charlie’s heating and air conditioning technicians are up to the task. They know that repairing leaking ducts can save you as much as 10 percent on your energy bill – and 100 percent of complaints from uncomfortable holiday guests.
• Inspect the condition and amount of insulation in your crawlspace and attic. Here, too, Charlie’s can assist you with this important task.
During the course of many service calls, Charlie’s is often asked to inspect other problem spots. We love when our customers reach out to us in this way, so start a “to-do” list now and we’ll tackle it together – in the interest of family harmony.