Charlie’s customers know: an extended air conditioner warranty takes the heat off household budgets
We’ve all looked at a store clerk, incredulous at the earnest question: “Would you like to buy an extended warranty for that?”
Looking down at your $25 electrical gadget, you’re struck by the irony that the warranty costs more than the gadget itself. So you take a pass with a capital “P.” If something goes wrong with the gadget – as unlikely as you think that might be – you’ll simply buy another one.
The stakes are much higher with an extended warranty on an air conditioner because the cost to repair that huge “gadget” can run from hundreds to thousands of dollars. To gain the upper hand over this unknown, many customers of Charlie’s Tropic Heating & Air Conditioning are turning to an extended warranty. After sizing up the benefits, you might be tempted to follow suit.
Read the fine print on this warranty; it’s fine indeed
Just as Charlie’s Tropic Heating & Air Conditioning hires the finest contractors, it set out to find the best and most iron-clad extended warranty for its customers. We found it in the Premium Protection Plan™ offered by JB & Associates – a company with more than 100 years of experience in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry.
This kind of track is impressive – and almost as noteworthy as the fact that the extended warranty covers all types of repairs associated with a mechanical malfunction or breakdown as well as all parts and labor costs. The plan also offers:
- Coverage on multiple repairs (with no penalty, unlike other warranties that limit the number of repairs)
- Reimbursement within 15 business days
- Coverage on all major brands sold by Charlie’s
- The ability to purchase the warranty up to two years after the purchase of an air conditioner
Add up the benefits of an extended warranty
Like you, perhaps, many customers of Charlie’s Tropic Heating & Air Conditioning run their air conditioner all year long to combat the Jacksonville heat. They like the idea of an extended warranty because they know:
- An air conditioner requires not only maintenance but also more frequent repairs toward the end of its lifespan. Most air conditioners are built to last about 15 years but often develop mechanical problems – and require more frequent repairs – after the 10-year mark. Since this is after many manufacturer’s warranties expire, an extended warranty goes the distance.
- They can take control over fear of the unknown – and their budget. After the 10-year mark, the fear of an air conditioner breakdown can loom large. But how do you budget for a repair when you don’t know what it will cost? An extended warranty eliminates uncertainty and breeds peace of mind.
- The cost of an extended warranty can pay for itself after even one major repair. An extended warranty is an investment, and it’s also a cost-efficient one.
- They have no control over the price of air conditioner parts – and neither, for that matter, does Charlie’s Tropic Heating & Air Conditioning. An extended warranty acts like an inflation neutralizer over the escalating cost of parts.
- Home buyers can be persnickety. If you decide to sell your home, an extended warranty is transferable to the new owners. This will make your home more desirable in the marketplace.
Homeowners nationwide embrace extended warranty
It’s apparent that homeowners across the United States who have purchased JB & Associates’ Premium Protection Plan™ view the warranty in the same way. The company reports that:
- 95 percent of customers recommend the plan to contractors
- 90 percent of customers say the price of the plan is better than the price of other plans
Next to your car, your air conditioner is probably the most complex piece of machinery you own. And it’s poles apart from that uncomplicated, $25 electrical gadget. It deserves a different type of assessment from you when you’re asked: “Would you like to buy an extended warranty for that?”